Last updated: Jan. 27, 2022
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Gathering and Use of Personal Information
- 3. IP Addresses
- 4. Cookies
- 5. Disclosure of Personal Information
- 6. International Data Transfers
- 7. Your Rights over Your Personal Data
- 8. Links
- 9. Retention of Personal Information
- 10. Marketing
- 11. Changes
- 12. Fraud, Phishing, and E-mail Scams
- 13. Contact Us
2. Gathering and Use of Personal Information
The types of Personal Information which we collect may include:
- Your name;
- Your photographic identification;
- Details from your identity documents (such as ID card, driver license, passport), number of the document, date of issue and expiration, photographic identification, address, etc.;
- Your biometric personal data, i.e., your facial image;
- Your address;
- Your phone number;
- Your e-mail address;
- Your IP address, browser and operating system information, geolocation details;
- Your banking details, including account numbers and payment card data;
- Your date of birth;
- Your employment details;
- Information on sources of your funds; and
- Based on our legal obligations and legitimate interest in the prevention of money laundering and fraud, we may request other documents for your identity verification and confirmation of sources of your funds in compliance with our AML policy.
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To allow you to open and operate an account on Platform;
- To identify you and conduct client diligence compliance;
- To enable you to complete transactions on the Platform;
- If you contact us, to reply to your queries;
- To contact you via e-mail or calls;
- To personalize your experience and offer a more relevant, tailored product;
- To improve our products;
- To ensure security of your Account;
- To analyze your use of our Website;
- For direct marketing purposes, to provide you with information about products and promotions that may be of interest to you, from us and third parties, although only if you have specifically agreed to receive such information;
- For market research, e.g., surveying our Users' needs and opinions on issues, such as our performance, etc.;
- To check client data against the data in multiple databases, including inter alia International Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and Sanctions, Country-Specific Sanctions Lists, Criminal Lists, and Financial Lists.
3. IP Addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, and report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and will not be used to identify any individual.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information
- Our affiliates and representatives
- Payment service providers and financial institutions
- Customer communications platforms
- Our contractors providing software for identity verification purposes
We may also share Users’ Personal Information with financial institutions, insurance companies or other companies in the case of a merger, divestiture, or other corporate re-organization and notify you of such sharing of your information to be able to exercise any of your rights where applicable.
We may also share Users' Personal Information with law enforcement or regulatory agencies, as may be required by law. In certain cases, we may not be able to inform you of such sharing of data due to legal restrictions.
6. International Data Transfers
Sometimes we might need to transfer your personal data to third country locations to provide our Product to you. We strive to ensure an adequate level of your personal data protection wherever our contractor is located. Be assured that we may transfer your Personal Information only in the following cases:
- if the country where we transfer your Personal Information provides an adequate level of personal data protection;
- if we take appropriate safeguards to ensure that your rights as a data subject are protected.
7. Your Rights over Your Personal Data
You have the right to access your personal information and to require correction, updating, blocking, deletion, and destruction thereof, in accordance and within the limitations set forth by the laws of Georgia on personal data protection. You can withdraw your consent to direct marketing at any time.
We do not control those third party sites or any of the content contained therein and you agree that we are in no way responsible or liable for any of those third party sites, including, without limitation, their content, policies, failures, promotions, products, services or actions and/or any damages, losses, failures or problems caused by, related to or arising from those sites. We encourage you to review all policies, rules, terms and regulations, including the privacy policies, of each site that you visit.
9. Retention of Personal Information
Your payment method information that you may use to effect payments to or receive payments from Cryptal are passed on to a third-party payment processor(s) which is/are based in Georgia and with which Cryptal has a contractual agreement to safeguard your rights. Unless you create an account with us and conduct transactions, we do not retain your payment method information.
In accordance with record keeping activities for Anti-Money Laundering and considering the period during which you may bring legal claims against us under the law of Georgia, we will retain Personal Information after our User closes his or her Account and terminates legal relationships with us for five years from the end of the tax period in which the User conducts his or her last transaction.
Data stored for regulatory purposes only will be protected from unnecessary processing and will be held only for the purpose of being able to provide information or access to relevant authorities.
We will ask you for your consent upon registration or post-registration to allow us to contact you or use your Personal Information for marketing purposes.
We may also notify our existing Users of our own products or services.
You have the right to retract your consent for us to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at any time at email@example.com.
If we consider that your rights may be affected by any such changes, we will request you to confirm your consideration and acceptance prior to continuing our relationship with you.
12. Fraud, Phishing, and E-mail Scams
Please be notified that Cryptal is not in any partnership with entities who represent themselves as customer support agents, providing customer support services via phone and/or social media, or who promise to help solve your issues for money.
Remember: customer support is provided only via the CRYPTAL.COM Website and firstname.lastname@example.org, and is always provided by Us.
13. Contact Us